Saturday 15 August 2009

Possible double standards

Some models are more popular than others either with the publications, the photographers or the fans concerned. Page 3 isn't the be-end and end-all of glamour modelling and on the whole is usually the springboard for something (hopefully) better for themselves and/or their career.

Louise Glover
would have been a very useful addition to either roster of The Sun or the Daily Star but neither publication generally take on models who've posed for the Daily Sport/Sunday Sport. The Sun would probably cite her breast augmentation and their clause for 'all natural' girls for not taking her on instead though.

Their loss, the rest of the glamour world's gain as she's proven to be quite the popular model elsewhere and one of the few British glamour models who has occasionally transcended into mainstream modelling. I don't recall Louise ever posing for The Sun or the Daily Star but there you go. The Sun being a little bitchy about her proves nothing but I can't find her in The Sun's archive under L.

She's had to pose for the likes of Playboy to get where she is though.

3 comments:

  1. I'll hold my hand up to that one but I can't say that I've followed Amy Green's career extensively...or fleetingly for that matter. I don't buy either of the Sports to have known that, and the Daily Sport website does not keep an archive.

    I'm sure some dodgy website/forum keeps an archive of Amy Green's photos from the Sports though but I can't be bothered to look for them.

    ...but apart from Amy Green has there been any other model who has made the transition from the Daily Sport/Sunday Sport to either the Daily Star or The Sun?

    One exception hardly makes it a trend does it?

    Nice fact about Amy Green probably being one of the few models to have ever done the 'tabloid treble' though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aye, aye.

    If you look at the three recent models that The Sun have hired (Kelly Hall, Stacey M and Chloe) then there's hardly what could be considered a consistent 'look' between the three in what The Sun/Alison Webster want.

    ...almost sheer blind luck. They're all lovely whatever the criteria though (The Sun can't be bothered to give either the new girls their surname though as they're Stacey Stacey and Chloe Chloe!).

    http://home.freeuk.net/webbuk/glamourgirls.htm#personality

    Well I never...but still TWO out of say, 43 models between the Daily Star/The Sun hardly makes it a trend does it? LOL!

    (CUE: Several more examples to prove how wrong I am!)

    Katie-Leigh (aka Katie Leigh aka Katie Harte) has posed for the Daily Sport as well (and one of the numerous special editions of Playboy). I've no idea if she's still with The Sun (last picture in The Sun was on 30th May 2009? Really!?) but she's in the 2010 calender.

    I think both Amy Green and Katie-Leigh are managed by the same agency which explains why they've had similar gigs (the Daily Sport then The Sun and then um, Playboy).

    I might buy the Daily Sport today just to have a look at who some of the models are...on second thoughts today's edition 'has' old pictures of Britney Spears as an 'exclusive'. I think I know where to get a copy of Saturday's edition though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think both Amy Green and Katie-Leigh are managed by the same agency...

    Yep, Samantha Bond. I should have just checked that link I posted above.

    ReplyDelete